Empress Effects Zoia
WHAT’S A ZOIA?
The Empress Effects ZOIA is a modular synthesizer in a compact pedal form. It offers a user-friendly platform for building custom effects, synthesizers, MIDI controllers and virtual pedal boards. The ZOIA provides a wide range of modules that can be combined in an almost unlimited number of ways, allowing for extensive customization and creativity. It is designed for musicians, sound engineers and DIY enthusiasts making it a great tool for those with varying levels of technical expertise.
The pre-made modules for standard guitar effects offer a convenient starting point. So, if you're looking for a phaser, simply add a phaser module. You don’t need to hit the textbooks to learn how to build a phaser from all-pass filters. However, if you’re technically minded, you can explore the full potential of the device by creating a phaser from all-pass filters. The Empress Effects ZOIA is a versatile and powerful device that can bring new sound possibilities to your musical setup.
The Empress Effects ZOIA uses advanced digital signal processing (DSP) chips to process audio signals. These modern, high-performance DSP processors handle real-time audio processing allowing for precise and efficient processing of audio signals.
- 80+ Modules and Growing – ZOIA comes packed with a vast collection of modules to create just about anything you can dream up. With ZOIA the only limit is your imagination!
- Create your own effects, synths, control devices, and more! – Oscillators, LFOs, filters, bit crushers, envelope followers – these are just a handful of the included modules that can be connected in almost any way imaginable. If you can dream it up, you can create it!
- 20+ Ready-Made Effects Modules – Pre-built effects modules such as reverbs, delays, chorus’, flangers, overdrives and more.
- Up to 64 Patches – Create and save up to 64 patches that can be easily recalled during live performance.
- Swap and Share Patches – Join the community of ZOIA users on patchstorage.com to try out other users patches, or upload your own awesome creations to share with the world.
- SD Card Included – Load and save patches to/from ZOIA. We’re also continuously improving the firmware by adding new modules and features, and fixing bugs. Download the newest firmware from empresseffects.com and load onto the ZOIA with the included SD card.
- OLED Display Screen for Easy Editing – View all of ZOIA’s module and parameter information on the high resolution OLED display screen.
- Control Port and MIDI Connectivity – Dedicated control port and MIDI 1/8″ in/out jacks allow you to connect a huge range of external devices to control any or all of ZOIA’s functions and parameters. 1/8″ to MIDI dongles included.
- Built-In Help – Almost like having a built in manual, the dedicated help function will give you quick information at a glance about ZOIA’s various modules and options.
- High-Quality Audio – 48kHz sampling, with 24 bit conversion and 32 bit internal processing.
- Low-Noise Signal Path – Features extremely low noise operation with a signal to noise of >105dB